Emulsifier in Inks/Paints
ApplicationsMOPIN - 411, is an oil & water soluble product, it acts as an emulsifier. It is a polar product, use of this product allows, in corporation of water into the paint/ink system.
- Appearance: Semi Viscous Liquid
- Colour on Gardner Scale: 14 max
- Refractive Index at 30oC: 1.450 - 1.550
- Sp. Gravity at 30oC: 1.10 - 1.20
- Viscosity at 30oC: 29 to 49 poise
- Acid Value mgKOH/gm: 110-115
- Iodine Value mgKOH/gm: 10-20
- Saponification Value, mgKOH/gm: 100-120
- Solubility: Soluble in Alcohol & Water
Direction of using the product
- It does not separate water on storage from the system.
- It is soluble with all types of alkyd resins.
- Addition of MOPIN - 411 do not change reological property of Ink and reduces premixing and dispersion time substantially.
- Recommended for Offset Inks.
- Improve wetting and minimize flocculation.
- Prepare premix as per the regular formulations.
- Put premix for stirring under high speed.
- Add MOPIN - 411 as per recommended dosage after stirring about 15-20 minutes.
- Start addition of water slowly under stirring (add 2 ltrs. water/min.)
- Continue running the stirrer up to 30-35 min.
Dosage: Upto 1% of the total premix system Permits 18 - 20% water incorporation
- Add all the ingredients of the final product before addition of MOPIN - 411 and water.
- Add water slowly.